Serial No.:- 20
|Mathematics Today 2|
Category:- Academic Study ( 0. Mathematics )
Book:- Mathematics Today 2
Authors:- O.P. Malhotra, S.K.Gupta, Anubhuti Gangal
Publisher:- S.Chand & Company Ltd.
Published on:- First Edition 1979, This copy is the revised edition 2014
No. of Pages:- 216
My after reading opinion ( January 26, 2018):- First I have reviewed all preschool CISCE math books, and then primary school class - 1 math books. This time I am reviewing class - 2 math book of the same series. As usual this book is for class - 2 children, so it is just like second part of class - 1 math book. Almost every topics (Arithmetic, Geometry, Mensuration, Statistics, Patterns) are there in this book as same as they have studied in their previous class already, but with a little bit more advanced chapters. And this is obvious. Such as in class - 1 kids got familiarized with 2 digits numbers. But here they will learn about 3 digits numbers and so on.
Now without any farther description, lets see what's the book has been covered.
Here they are -
- Numbers:- Dealing with 3 digits numbers (100 - 999) such as developing 3 digit numbers using building blocks, concepts of hundreds, tens and ones positions, representations of 3 digit numbers on abacus, place value and face value, expanded forms of 3 digits numbers, comparing numbers etc.
- Operations:- Addition, subtraction, multiplication (multiplied by 1 digit numbers) and division (divided by 1 digit numbers) of 3 digit numbers.
- Properties:- Even and odd numbers, Fractions (Halves, Thirds, Fourths).
- Money:- A few real world daily life basic arithmetic problems related to currency (Indian ₹ has been used in this book).
- Time and Calendar:- Use of numbers and basic arithmetic operations to calculate minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, years and seasons.
2. Geometry:- Straight lines and curved lines, open and closed curves, a few basic 2D and 3D shapes.
3. Mensuration:- Basic concepts of measuring length (using units m, cm), measuring weight (using kg, g) and measuring capacity (using L and mL).
4. Statistics:- Counting objects using tick marks made easier in data handling.
5. Patterns:- Playing with different kinds of simple, basic patterns of objects and numbers.
Like other books in this series, this book is also very comprehensive, full of colourful objects, pictures, fun with math problems to make mathematics more easy, interesting and fun way to learn for school kids.
This is all about the book, a short review. Soon I shall review class - 3 primary school math book written by the same authors.
Main Article:- My Journey through the Ocean of Knowledge (Books)